We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Copy of Will

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
PatsyAlice

Copy of Will

Post by PatsyAlice »

Can any one give me any advice on how to get a post 1858 copy of a will. I have found all the details on Ancestry: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/categ ... ty=english I have entered all the details on the Gov.uk site only to be told there is nothing. Are all the wills on this site?
Thanks for any help
Sheila

Re: Copy of Will

Post by Sheila »

The probate for Nimrod Knight is on the probatesearch.service.gov.uk website. It was proved in 1864.
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Thank you - why can't I find that? I will try again!
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

I am obviously doing something completely wrong as I still cannot get it to come up.
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

I am indeed - I cannot understand it. I have all the details from the Ancestry website - I have tried different permutations working on the principal of sometimes less is more and I still cannot get it!
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

I haven't created an account - does that make a difference?
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

I wouldn't have thought having an account should make a difference. I do have an account so can't be sure.
I used the info you found on Ancestry. There was no result for 1863 so I moved on one year and it was there in 1864.

Perhaps go out of the site and start again?
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Thank you for your patience Sheila. I have created an account - no difference. I have been in and out like a yoyo. I will give it one more go!
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Thank you thank you. It has come up. I was beginning to lose the will (haha) to live!