We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

What happened Next?

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
Norfolk Nan

What happened Next?

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Charles Wetton, born 1854 in Birmingham, parents Charles (shoemaker) and Sarah. Charles married a Margaret Wheeler (father William, a carpenter) in 1874 in New Windsor, Berkshire. He was a private in the army and I have no idea where the happy couple settled or if there were children. However, in 1884 Charles married Caroline Murray in Islington but found guilty of bigamy in October 1891 and sentenced to four months hard labour.

I would like to know what happened next to Charles and more about Margaret. Caroline is my relative and I have all the information I need about her.

I haven't found any record of Charles and Margaret together apart from their wedding. Charles is with Caroline in Islington in the 1891 census but I haven't found him anywhere after his release from prison. Any help with details for Margaret or Charles (not Caroline) would be gratefully received.

Thank you.
Thunder

Re: What happened Next?

Post by Thunder »

Have you looked for Charles Wetton's Army record (I think it's on line at FMP), I don't have a subscription anymore. From around 1881 the names of wives and children should be included in his record.
Norfolk Nan

Re: What happened Next?

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Thanks Thunder, I always overlook military records for some reason. :oops: