We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

TNA

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Thunder

TNA

Post by Thunder »

I came across this article from Alan Crosby from the WDYTYA Magazine from 10 years ago and in my view the concerns are still there, TNA not appearing to stand up for archives, the use of digitisation, over reliance on the press and publicity department with in my view very selective views. In the 10 years since Alan's article there has been a lack of consultation with researchers (including abolition of the User Forum at TNA) and about reopening of TNA. There has been little information on how the 1921 Census is going. For example the Treasury have being hanging on to files because they haven't carried out a sensitivity review which they should have anyway and the destruction of 20,000 files without a whisper from TNA in both cases leading to the view that was is TNA there for?.

www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/blo ... l-archives