We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Emily Wright Parent’s

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
Jedi

Emily Wright Parent’s

Post by Jedi »

Emily Wright
Born: 1839 Little Munden, Hertfordshire, England
Died: 13 March 1913 Little Munden, Hertfordshire, England

She married William Livings (B: 1835 – D: 1910) on the 27 Oct 1860.

Can anyone please try and find Emily Wright’s parents/dates, thank you.
VALLMO9

Re: Emily Wright Parent’s

Post by VALLMO9 »

Her baptism record is on FMP.

Baptism date 25 Feb 1838
Parents: Robert & Ann. Father is a labourer.
MMN: possibly WILDS (also WYLES). Marriage is October 1837 in Great Munden.

NOTE: Groom's surname in the 1860 marriage is LEWINS (according to the marriage record on FMP).
Last edited by VALLMO9 on 24 Jun 2023, 15:48, edited 3 times in total.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

Thank you!

Do you know the Birth and Death for Robert & Ann that you have found?
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

Jedi wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 13:56 Do you know the Birth and Death for Robert & Ann that you have found?
Do you have an Ancestry or FMP subscription? FMP have a Hertfordshire records collection which can help you.

If you search for Robert and Ann, you should be able to find some suitable death records for both. Find the family in the census records. Then if either Robert or Ann disappear from a later census record, that will be your indication that one of them may have died between census records.

Births/baptism should be easy, as well. Use the approx birth years and birthplaces from the census records for Robert and Ann. That info should help you locate their birth/baptism records.
Last edited by VALLMO9 on 24 Jun 2023, 15:49, edited 3 times in total.
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

Here's a census example for you to follow-up. If this is the correct family, you now have their approx birth years and birth locations. Use them to find the correct birth/baptism records for Robert and Ann.

1851 census -- Little Munden, Herts
Name Robert Wright
Age 39
Birth Year (Estimated) 1812
Birthplace Lt Munden, Hertfordshire
Marital Status Married
Occupation Ag Lab
Relationship to Head of Household Head

Robert lives with wife Ann (age 30, born Great Munden) and their four children (including Emily).

There's a Robert Wright who died in 1863 in Ware. Follow him up to see if he's the chap your searching for.
As for Ann Wright, her final census appearance may be 1891. I see an 1897 death for an Ann Wright (born 1822) in Ware.

NOTE: Ann's maiden name is listed as WILDS and WYLES on various records.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

I am on Ancestry but I just never seem to find the right info.
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

You can view limited info on FMP's Hertfordshire baptisms and marriages collections on FMP (without a current subscription). If you once had a FMP sub, just sign-in as usual. (TIP: You can't view Burial records without a FMP subscription).

Try searching for Robert Wright and Ann Wilds (Wyles) in FMP's Hertfordshire Baptisms collection. Remember to search for surname variations.

As you're using Ancestry, don't be mislead by the green "Hints". Some of them will send you down rabbit holes.

UPDATE: I can see an 1821 baptism for Anne Wilds on FMP. Location: Little Munden. You can view the record (not the image) without a sub.
I'll let you see what the parent's names are.

Robert's 1809 baptism is on FMP, too. Location: Little Munden. His surname is spelled RIGHT (not Wright). Parent's names are included.
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

Did you get my email I sent you (VALLMO9) on here yesterday?

If not, can you message me, thanks.
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

Hello - I've replied to your PM. Looks like it's sitting in my Outbox.
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

Jedi - I've sent two additional PMs to you, but they're still sitting in my Outbox.