We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Copy of Will

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
Sheila

Re: Copy of Will

Post by Sheila »

Great!
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

I have no idea why it gave me so much trouble. I think the form might be at fault - it asks for the year of death which it only seemed to accept when I put 1864 despite him dying in 1863. I think I did try changing that earlier but I have tried so many different things that who knows? Now I just have to find where they send it!
AdrianBruce

Post by AdrianBruce »

I tried that myself and immediately thought that I also had no results for the chap in 1864. However, given that most of us will be looking for probate issued before 31 December 1995, I contend that page is badly designed. What happened with me was that since it isn't a probate issued before 1995, what I saw was "Digital Search Results ... 0 results returned". The Digital Results are for probate issued after 1995, so not of interest to many of us.

While "Image Search Results" appear below, where it says "1 document page returned", if you get there by pressing "Change to Following Year" then "Image Search Results ... 1 document page returned" is off the screen / glass / below the fold / whatever. :o So you can't see the answer - in fact it wasn't even immediately obvious anything had happened to give any answer!

A little quirky.
Adrian Bruce
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

Is Nimrod Knight buried in Hungerford? https://www.hungerfordvirtualmuseum.co. ... s&catid=25

"109 STTMO/ NIMROD KNIGHT who died September 10th 1863 aged 80 years. Also of ANNE his wife who died March 16th 1855 aged 68 years. No monument". STTMO = Sacred to the memory of
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Yes Vallmo - that's him. I don't suppose there are too many Nimrod Knights. There is also a map giving grave positions. I have been and looked at the churchyard. It has the most amazing mud which sticks to your shoes and made going anywhere else afterwards difficult. It didn't even look muddy!
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Adrian - thank you for trying that search and giving some sort of answer. It is the second time I have been victim of a poor screen display this weekend. I have tried to renew my subscription to the Newspaper Archive. Because of the card I wanted to use I have to put in additional security information from an email sent to me after I clicked on something but I couldn't actually see the instruction to click on it. I could understand what I was supposed to do because if I pressed on 'read aloud this page' I could hear it. When I tried to cancel the transaction I could half see a line saying 'are you sure' but again couldn't confirm. I have sent them feedback but I don't know if it will be sorted in time for me to claim the 30% discount.