We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

GRO death certificates

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
devonliz

GRO death certificates

Post by devonliz »

GRO - GRRR!
I sent for two death certificates on 16th and 18th April (Good Friday and Easter Monday - public holidays); the first was for a lady who died in 1956, and a pdf was despatched on the specified day, 25th April.
The second was for her sister, who died in 1970. This meant that a copy of the certificate was to be sent by mail, also on 25th April. Although the 'search for my certificates' form on the GRO website notes that the certificate was sent by second-class mail on that day, it has not yet arrived.
I know there was another bank holiday in between, but is this the sort of delay that others have experienced?
devonliz

Re: GRO death certificates

Post by devonliz »

Well! I have just received a response by email from GRO (I sent in a query last week) and it seems that they will send out the certificate again. Let's hope it arrives soon!
Guy

Re: GRO death certificates

Post by Guy »

Knowing Royal mail you may get both certificates (original and the replacement) on the same day.
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.