We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Date?

This is the place for your genealogy-related photos.
Norfolk Nan

Date?

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Hi, this is a mystery wedding photo found amongst family documents - can anyone throw a light on the date of this joint wedding please?
Attachments
MysteryWedding 4.jpg
MysteryWedding 4.jpg (616 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
meekhcs

Re: Date?

Post by meekhcs »

To give you a rough idea the type of clothing, especially the Ladies hats, and the arrangement of guests etc looks very much like the style of my husband's grandparents marriage in 1915. If you could identify the bridal couples, maybe twins deciding to marry the same day? Or do you have any brothers or sisters marrying the same day in your extended Family?
Sally
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

Further thought.
Could this be a pre wedding photo before the marriage takes place? I say this because both brides are still veiled, and surley their veils would be lifted after the ceremony.
Presumably no markings from the photographer on the reverse of the photo. That can sometimes help because you can often discover the period they operated in.
Sally
Norfolk Nan

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Thank you, Sally. I had wondered if it was a pre-wedding photo and if this was sisters with their parents sitting between them. Now all I have to do is pinpoint which family...