We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Photo dating help please!

This is the place for your genealogy-related photos.
BeeJayEss

Photo dating help please!

Post by BeeJayEss »

Any ideas what date this photo would be please? I have a father and son that looked incredibably alike at this age and I'm unsure which one this is. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Alfred Avent (cousin).JPG
Alfred Avent (cousin).JPG (486.81 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Bev
Brunes08

Re: Photo dating help please!

Post by Brunes08 »

Could you provide us with the birth year for both father and son, please. This might help to narrow down the options. Thanks.
BeeJayEss

Post by BeeJayEss »

Brunes08 wrote: 19 Sep 2021, 16:09 Could you provide us with the birth year for both father and son, please. This might help to narrow down the options. Thanks.
Thank you for reading, they were born in 1878 and 1903.
Bev
Norfolk Nan

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Hi BeeJayEss, this is a lovely photo there’s not a lot to go on. I’m no expert but my guess is he is the younger boy - the collar suggests late Victorian or Edwardian but his long trousers and smart shoes say later rather than earlier to me.
BeeJayEss

Post by BeeJayEss »

Norfolk Nan wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 11:36 Hi BeeJayEss, this is a lovely photo there’s not a lot to go on. I’m no expert but my guess is he is the younger boy - the collar suggests late Victorian or Edwardian but his long trousers and smart shoes say later rather than earlier to me.
Thank you Norfolk Nan. I thought it was the younger one too. Incidentally, if it is the younger one, he lived all his adult life in Norfolk!
Bev
Norfolk Nan

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Well, I hope he had a long and happy life - it’s a great place to live! :D